Sunday, December 17, 2006

Superare


A calm fear knocked at my door, he said, "I don't know where I am going, I rather rest here until I know who I am. Would you sing for me while I stay with you?" I said, "why do you not seek peace in your own heart? You will have to overcome yourself one day." He wept and whispered, "I am silly and weak, I have to block my eyes to comfort the emptyness, allos autos." I said, "I should not sympathise with you and your fellow in your grief." He grabbed the door knob and begged, "I shall not be well." So I said, "come in then, I can't be harsh anymore." He came in and I closed the door behind him. Folding his dark coat neatly, he asked "what is this mirror, this is new." I answered, "I have recieved it from a stranger who once visited me. You shall have a look." He said, "you are aware that there is no window through which the light can come in, you are not able to use this." I said, "I can say you are right, but it sings songs. It makes me dream." he frowned, "that is troublesome." I said, "So do I know. But I think it's human." He said, "I am human." I said, "I know. I let you stay as you know well. You are quiet and timid. I don't blame you." He said, "you are floating away." So I consoled him, "I am only overcoming."



A jazz saxophonist in HyeHwa, Seoul drawn by
Angel Hye-young Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home